31 October 2013

75% Healthy Snacks for a Halloween Party

One of the gifts of my sabbatical is time to do "mom" things with thought and creativity. When I was working sometimes snack was bought at the grocery store -fast, sometimes expensive,  but far less fun to do.

I challenged myself to make snacks that were mostly healthy and fun for the kids (meaning they will eat them!)

Menu:

Popcorn
"Clementine" Pumpkins
Pumpkin Seeds
"Dirt" -Chocolate Pudding/crushed chocolate wafers & Gummy Worms
Goblin Juice (a.k.a. Apple Cider)

Final Results Below:

Hubby decorated the enterence...

Popcorn in white paper bags with word "Pop!" writte in orange. 

(Last time I made popcorn for class snack my son gave me constructive criticism on the lack of butter and salt! No complaints this time.)


Scarecrow Seeds 

(From 8 pumpkins donated by C&S that we carved for Keene Pumpkin Festival...soaked in saltwater brine before roasting)


"Clementine" Pumpkin Patch 
(Pintetest Idea)


"Dirt" Dessert a special request by the teachers! I was thinking about calling them Walpole Worms but preferred Hubby' suggestion - Gravediggers. Very quick and easy!


10/30/2013





No comments: